Grittleton Cricket Club – 150 Not Out
The summer of 2018 will see Grittleton Cricket club celebrate over 150 years of village cricket at its ground in Wiltshire. To commemorate this unique milestone and to ensure the cricket continues for another 150 years, the village and club members are working together to run a number of events during 2018. These events aim to recognise the role of cricket, and the club, as part of both the village’s history and its future. Just a few of the exciting activities include:
- Hosting a game against Marylebone Cricket Club, 2nd September 2018.
- Recreating the attached photo of the Grittleton cricket team from 1868.
- Festival of Cricket, which will include a cricket match using the costume, equipment and rules of 1868.
- Inviting players past and present to our end of sesquicentennial season celebrations.
- Creating a on-line compendium of news and stories from the club’s history.
To mark this milestone in the club’s history we are raising funds to erect a commemorative clock on the pavilion, which will benefit all those using the village hall, green and children’s play area. We also hope to use monies raised to improve the signage to the hall and ground, and much needed repairs to our venerable pavilion.
To raise funds we are running a raffle in 2018 up until our Festival of Cricket on 7th July. We would love to include some truly special prizes befitting the occasion and hope to secure your patronage. All donations will be acknowledged on our dedicated website gcc150.org and in promotional materials at all events during the year.